Mid-Level Front-End Developer
£38,000 - £45,000
The Front-End Developer position offers a permanent role to individuals aiming to expand their current skills and gain more exposure to a range of disciplines within a rapidly expanding company. Working closely with our development and design teams, you will directly report to senior management. A keen creative eye will be essential to interpret internal/client briefs into functional solutions. The role will include actively participating in the development of innovative solutions, as well as the upkeep and enhancement of our existing products and platforms.
· Developing new user-facing features using modern web technologies
· Collaborating with UI/UX designers to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use
· Maintaining and improving web application usability
· Collaborating with back-end developers to integrate front-end logic with server-side logic
· Upgrading existing projects to use the latest package versions
· Refactoring and improving current codebases
· Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
· Staying up-to-date with emerging front-end technologies and best practices.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
· Proven experience as a Front-End Developer or in a similar role
· Proficiency in Vue.js and experience with its ecosystem (Pinia / Vuex, Nuxt, etc.)
· Experience in consuming RESTful APIs and manipulating returned data
· Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive design
· Understanding of OOP and MVC architecture
· Experience with Git version control
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to scope tasks and provide accurate estimates of your work.
DESIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
· Experience with good coding principles such as DRY and SOLID
· Experience in peer reviewing colleagues' code
· Experience working within an Agile software development process
· Rudimentary understanding of back-end programming (PHP & Laravel)
· Knowledge of graphic design software and tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD)
· Understanding of UI/UX principles
· Experience with TypeScript
· Experience with web graphics / animation: Three.js, Tween.js, Canvas API and WebGL
· Knowledge of the Testing Pyramid (unit tests, Integration tests, E2E tests) and using testing tools
· Experience with linting tools
· Familiarity with Accessibility standards - WCAG
· Experience using Docker.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· A desire to constantly learn and improve oneself
· An ability to meet deadlines and efficiently manage workload
· Organised and methodical approach towards work
· Quick learning ability in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· 20 days’ holiday + bank holidays – we understand the importance of you getting some down time.
· Annual Wellbeing Day – enjoy an additional day on us to look after your physical and mental wellbeing.
· Pension Scheme – helping you save towards your retirement home in the sun!
· Smart Working Options – Remote, In-office & Hybrid schedules.
· Employee Assistance Programme – our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you are happy, we are happy.
· Referral scheme – know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for a putting a good word in.
To apply email your CV to email@example.com